As I had mentioned before in this post, finally my sister and I watched the Indonesia Open Super Series Premier 2017 (IOSSP), the most prestigious (and the most noisy) tournament in this entire world! Glad to  be part of the crowd again; last time I watched IOSSP was in 2015. This year, the event is held at Jakarta Convention Center due to Istora Senayan's renovation. It is not far from the legendary Istora Senayan, though, still in Gelora Bung Karno area. 



What I like the most from this new venue is.... It is fully air conditioned! From the entrance of the Plenary Hall's Lobby, it is cool already! There are booths from sponsors and food. We even got ourselves a t-shirt of this event for 60K Rupiahs only ($6) at BCA's booth. The color is nice, I'll post it later~ The food and beverages booths were great, we are offered many choices. They also provided some places to eat as well, so kudos to the committee for those!

Second, I also like that the seats are not benches as Istora's, they are real chairs but too bad the gap were too tight. I am short so it is not really matter, though. 

I also like that.... The lobby entrance is only one so the athletes and officials basically walk around the venue. It is very easy to spot them and ask them for autograph/ selfies. I had one with the Women Double's Rio 2016 Olympics Gold Medalist (also IOSSP 2016 WD Champion), Ayaka Takahashi <3


I actually wished to take photos with Ratchanok Intanon and Lee Chong Wei! Apparently they both did not make it to the quarterfinals. What a surprise, eh? Yeah, most of the top seeds lost before quarterfinals! Meh, does Jakarta Convention Center really haunt the athletes? Let's name them.... Marcus Gideon/Kevin Sukamuljo from Indonesia, Misaki Matsutomo/Ayaka Takahashi from Japan, and Carolina Marin from Spain. In the quarterfinals, I watched Tai Tzu Ying (6-months unbeaten record since November 2016) and Chen Long (Rio 2016 Olympics Gold Medalist) surrendered as well. Cheers to the underdogs, anyway :D

I do acknowledged that the wind in Jakarta Convention Center is quite different. When the shuttle cock was raised too high, the wind pushed it in some ways so maybe the athletes could not predict where it's gonna land. Also, the crowd were so meh! =___= I do not know why, the Indonesia cheers were not that thrilling and intimidating. Hopefully next year Istora is ready to hold this event!

So who wins the heart of this year's supporters? It is the Chinese badminton player, Chen Qingchen. The cheer for her was loud and some supporters screamed her as "Dora the Explorer" haha! I am following her on Instagram now and based from her feeds, she is surely a cheerful and humble athlete :) Personally, I believe she will be the next Yu Yang in the Chinese badminton squad; 19-year old and #1 in the world already :O